Thankful for Those Years

>> Tuesday, November 26, 2013

We gather at the Thanksgiving dinner table…hold hands…and then go around the table with each person expressing what they are thankful for. It’s a wonderful tradition. There is always a plethora of ideas for thankfulness.

But this year my thanksgiving has gone a different direction.

I think back to my days in Kansas…raised under religious oppression. It was all I knew and I thought it was normal. An arranged marriage before I graduated from high school only continued my kind of normalcy.

And then he left me…in a strange town…no friends…no church support…to fend for myself. The next two years I floundered in all aspects of my life: finances, children, employment and Christianity.

But I’m thankful for those years.

Now I live in a new “normal”. Those years formed my backbone…caused me to observe my lack of parenting…taught me how to handle money and a job…and sent me on an exhaustive search to discover who God really is and what that meant for me.

Today I am in a life test…and so far I’m passing. Without those years of learning and growing I would be failing.

So I’m thankful for those years.

“Thank you!”
Thank you for your love, thank you for your faithfulness;
Most holy is your name, most holy is your Word.
The moment I called out, you stepped in; you made my life large with strength.” Psalm 138:2-3 (MSG)



0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009 * © customized by Mari @ Free2Bedesigns.com/

Back to TOP