The Joy of Giving

>> Thursday, January 9, 2014

I love to give. As I walk the aisles of a store, I’m always on the lookout for something that just exactly suits a family member or friend. My pattern has been to make the purchase and send it on its way…not waiting for a birthday or Christmas. I want them to enjoy it now.

Sometimes I’ve been disappointed by the receiver. They haven’t even bothered to say thanks. But more than that, the gift has not been taken care of. Within a matter of days it is lost or broken.

That takes the joy out of giving.
 
The Bible tells me that God has many gifts for me…and you. Do we take the time to say thanks? Or do we just take His gifts for granted? When we receive one, do we take care of it? Or within days or weeks or months do we cast it aside and then expect more from Him?

I don’t want to disappoint Him.

“Be generous with the different things God gave you, passing them around so all get in on it.” I Peter 4:10 (MSG)



2 comments:

Catrina Bradley January 21, 2014 at 3:03 PM  

Wow - I know that feeling. And that's a good question. Do I treat God's gifts that way? Thanks for giving me smack in the head, Joy!

Joy Bach January 23, 2014 at 8:02 PM  

Cat, you are such an encouragement. Thanks so much for stopping by.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009 * © customized by Mari @ Free2Bedesigns.com/

Back to TOP