Fearplugs

>> Friday, March 28, 2014

I’ve tried. I really have. One block. Two blocks, but my breathing becomes labored. Three blocks and I can’t take any more. I begin to run…away from the terrifying sound…the ocean.

I grew up in Kansas. No oceans.


It’s the overwhelming noise. I’ve missed out on walks on the beach with my husband…with children…with friends. I compare my feeling of terror to what the people running from the tsunami must feel…those running from a wall of mud flowing over them…those who scream as a tornado rips a child from their arms. I just can’t describe the feeling. Now my husband and I have made plans to go to the ocean for a few days with friends. It’s weeks before we go, but I already know I won’t like my behavior.
 
Earplugs have been suggested. But I would still know it was there.

So I’ve decided to begin praying now for fearplugs. There is something deep within me that is out of whack. If I knew what it was, I would fix it. But I know Someone who has a supply of fearplugs…plugs that restore calm. I have taken from that supply for many other situations in my life.

I need another set now.



“The disciples went and woke him up, shouting, “Lord, save us! We’re going to drown!” Jesus responded, “Why are you afraid? You have so little faith!” Then he got up and rebuked the wind and waves, and suddenly there was a great calm.” Matthew 8:25-26 (NLT)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009 * © customized by Mari @ Free2Bedesigns.com/

Back to TOP