Sorry for Your Loss

>> Saturday, January 24, 2015

My husband and I are members of a large church, which explains why we didn’t know Lisa.  But we soon learned this young wife and mom of three young children had stage four breast cancer and not doing well. Even though we did not know her, our hearts were broken for this young woman and her family.  If you follow my blogs then you know my husband has renal cell carcinoma and lung cancer, with a terminal diagnosis. So we are familiar with cancer situations. For some reason God had us praying harder for Lisa than we did for my husband. We shed many tears for their family.

God chose to take Lisa home a few months ago. Our hearts were broken for her family. But knowing she is with Jesus and out of constant pain, the grieving was not without hope.

Lisa has a twin brother Lynn who, until recently, was one of our pastors. He transitioned to become a family counselor, so we had not seen him for a while.

In December I made a decision to start the Ideal Protein diet, which requires a weekly visit with a counselor who measures your weight and inches lost (or gained) and body mass, etc. At the end of your session, you pick up your “food” for the next week.

As I was leaving my counselor, I noticed a somewhat familiar face. I know this person I thought, but I can’t place him. Then it dawned on me… it was Lynn, Lisa’s twin brother. It was the first time I had seen him since her death. He was a mere shadow of his former heavy self. I gave him a big hug and said, “So sorry for your loss”.

The look on the counselor’s face was priceless.  Lynn had lost 71 pounds and was slim and trim. Why would I be sorry for that? Of course I was referring to the loss of his sister, but the counselor didn’t know about her.

When I realized how that came out, I knew God had given me laughter among the pain I still feel for her family.

“For everything there is a season, and a time for every purpose under heaven…..a time to weep and a time to laugh…..” Ecclesiastes 3:1, 4 (NIV)



Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009 * © customized by Mari @ Free2Bedesigns.com/

Back to TOP