FitBit

>> Saturday, September 19, 2015

I succumbed to the pressure.  All around me I heard comments about the FitBit and its ability to keep track of how many steps I had taken in a day. I wasn’t sure I cared about that, but I was a little curious, since I walk on the treadmill every morning. Apparently, 10,000 steps a day was the goal.

The promo was outstanding regarding what it would do for me. It could help turn my life into a fun path to fitness.  I would now know the distance I walked each day and the calories I burned.

Any day, I would be skinny. 

But the FitBit affected me in a different way. If I cared so much about how many steps I took each day, how many miles I walked and how many calories I consumed to ensure my physical health…then shouldn’t I care about my Christian fitness the same way? Where, exactly, was the device that would keep me on track regarding how much I prayed, read my Bible or just enjoyed quiet time with God?

I still go to the gym first thing in the morning; my FitBit hooked to my clothes so I can track my movements. But as I get dressed and reach for it, my mind turns to God…to my blessings…to people who need prayer.

That little device is a constant reminder to me that more than just my physical health is at stake.

“His very breath and blood flow through us, nourishing us so that we will grow up healthy in God, robust in love.” Ephesians 4:16 (MSG)


Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009 * © customized by Mari @ Free2Bedesigns.com/

Back to TOP