Key Not Detected

>> Wednesday, April 27, 2016

This past weekend I rode with a friend to an out-of-town event, so I left my car key in a container on my kitchen counter. I had a lovely time and returned home Saturday evening.

Sunday morning I gathered my purse and Bible, went to the garage, climbed in my car and pushed the “start” button. Nothing happened. Before my mind had a chance to go through all the possible scenarios, these words appeared on the screen.

Key not detected. 

I always carry my key in my purse, the one lying on the seat beside me. As I stared at my purse, puzzled, I remembered. My key was still in the kitchen, right where I left it.

Imagine my surprise when I read the title of the sermon on the bulletin…The Power to Open Heaven for You. We need a key to get in. I listened as the pastor explained we would not be passing through the door to heaven unless we had a relationship with Jesus. He carries a whole key ring.

I am the living one. I died, but look—I am alive forever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and the grave.” Revelation 1:18 (NLT)

When I come to the end of my journey here on earth, I do not want to hear “Key not detected.”

And that’s not all. You will have complete and free access to God’s kingdom, keys to open any and every door:…” Matthew 16:19 (MSG)



2 comments:

Mark Butcher April 27, 2016 at 5:21 PM  

Joy, every one of your blog posts is like food and drink to me. Bless you for sharing with us!

Joy Bach April 27, 2016 at 8:21 PM  

Mark thank you so much.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009 * © customized by Mari @ Free2Bedesigns.com/

Back to TOP