My Sojourning Years

>> Tuesday, January 14, 2020

It happened again.  Another birthday.  And at my age, most of my life is behind me.  That makes me pause and think.  Am I fulfilling the purpose God designed me for?  What do I need to change?  Is there a new direction I’m supposed to go?  Exactly what more do I desire to accomplish in my remaining years?  

As I read the Bible this morning, the words in Genesis jumped out at me.  Jacob was talking about his life.  He called them his “sojourning” years.  The definition of sojourning is  temporary stay.  

Any way I look at it, my temporary stay is being used up.  

When I go on a vacation (such as my recent trip to California), a lot of the week is planned ahead.  We had an idea what we planned to do on Wednesday (watch the Rose Parade up close and personal).  Other plans were made.  Most of them came to pass.  Some got changed.  And as the week transpired, we realized we were running out of time for certain activities.  

Life is just like that.  

So, as we begin the year 2020, I think we all need to take a hiatus and ponder our temporary stay.  


“ And Jacob said to Pharaoh, “The days of the years of my sojourning are 130 years.” Genesis 47:9  (ESV)

1 comments:

Unknown January 14, 2020 at 3:56 PM  

Thoughtful and good advice...! Always good to give our sojourning serious thought as our days are certainly numbered.

Blessings Joy!
Bette

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009 * © customized by Mari @ Free2Bedesigns.com/

Back to TOP