The Air I Breathe

>> Sunday, September 13, 2020

As I sit here at my desk, I can see out the patio door.  At 1:00 pm the air outside is an otherworldly color.  It’s like looking through those yellow sunglasses.  It’s filled with heavy smoke from the many fires burning throughout the west.  Our air quality index says, “Hazardous” and we have been urged to stay inside.  

Basically, we have already been told to stay inside since March, when the virus struck.  And now, in September, we have a double reason to not go outside.  

I’ve never had breathing problems, so considered myself blessed to avoid that type of issue.  However, yesterday I went outside long enough to water my plants…maybe 15-20 minutes.  Instant headache and cough.  When they say, “Stay inside”, they mean it for everyone.  

I can’t imagine what it’s like for those with compromised lungs.    

As I’ve been thinking about the ugly air blanketing my house, my city, my state and several other states, I realize I have no control over that air.  All I can do is establish preventative measures.  

But there is more to life than just the physical breathing we do.  We are also spiritual beings.  Being under a “lockdown” of sorts, gives us plenty of time to consider the source of our spiritual breath.  

God’s air is pure and abundant…and available for everyone.  

“…He Himself gives everyone life and breath…” Acts 17:25 (NLT)

1 comments:

Nana Getty September 13, 2020 at 3:14 PM  

Amen...! "The breath of the Almighty gives me life." Job 33:4 Thank you Lord that you are our breath of life.....here and now, and into eternity. Joy, I always appreciate your thoughtful expressions of the Lord's goodness.

Lord bless you,
Bette

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009 * © customized by Mari @ Free2Bedesigns.com/

Back to TOP