We Need Healing

>> Thursday, September 17, 2020

Just a word.  Blogspot has changed everything.  I cannot place the pictures.  I will be searching for a new blog website.  If you have a suggestion, please contact me.  



I live in the northwest part of the United States.  We are on fire.  My city has been enveloped in such thick smoke we have been told to stay inside.  Our air quality is considered hazardous.  Day after day goes by without a drop of moisture.  As of four days ago, 4.6 million acres had burned.  


 

That’s a lot of fire. 


 

Even as I write this, my mind turns to the other side of the United States.  Hurricane Sally has produced enormous amounts of rain.  The flood gates of heaven were opened.  Some places received 30” in a matter of hours. 


 

That’s a lot of rain. 


 

Rain is available.  For some reason, the northwest has not been blessed with it.  As I watch the devastation caused by the inferno, my mind turns to other dynamics destroying our country, very clearly caused by humans.  The rioters are intent on demolishing structures, vehicles and statues.  


 

That’s a lot of rage. 


 

Our land needs healing.  Just as the blazes consuming everything in their path need an outpouring of rain, the hearts and minds of our people need the restorative power of God to set us on a new path.  


 

We need healing.  



 

“If my people who are called by my name humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land.”  2 Chronicles 7:14 (ESV)

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009 * © customized by Mari @ Free2Bedesigns.com/

Back to TOP