Prayer for Tongue Control

>> Thursday, March 17, 2011

O Lord, keep me from getting talkative, particularly from the fatal habit that I must say something on every subject on every occasion.

Release me from the craving to straighten out everybody's affairs.

Keep my mind free from the recital of endless details; give me wings to get to the point. Seal my lips when inclined to tell of my aches and pains. They are increasing with the years and my love of rehearing them grows sweeter as the years go by.

Teach me the glorious lesson that occasionally it is possible that I may be mistaken.

Keep me reasonably sweet. I do not want to be a saint. Some of them are hard to live with, but a sour old woman is one of the crowning works of the devil.

Help me to extract all possible fun out of life. There are so many funny things around us, and I do not want to miss any of them.

Make me thoughtful and not moody, helpful but not bossy.

With my vast store of wisdom, it seems a pity to not to use it all, but Thou, my Lord, knoweth that I want a few friends left at the end.

(Author Unknown)

So also the tongue is a small part of the body, and yet it boasts of great things. See how great a forest is set aflame by such a small fire!”
James 3:5 (NASB)

2 comments:

Bonnie,  March 17, 2011 at 10:36 AM  

True thoughts to live by.....

How well they fit each one of us. Thanks for sharing.

:o)Bonnie

Marijo (Mary Jo) Phelps March 18, 2011 at 7:46 AM  

Good thoughts - taming the tongue (over talking and over eating - I wrote a piece about this GRIN)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009 * © customized by Mari @ Free2Bedesigns.com/

Back to TOP