Spaghetti 2

>> Friday, March 4, 2011

When I shared with my daughter the story I posted yesterday, she related the following to me.

She lived in the LA area when she went to college. Her dad also lived in the area. She used to call him from somewhere in the spaghetti and tell him she was lost. Then she would ask him for directions. Before he could give her the needed instructions, he would have to decipher where she was … asking for landmarks or road signs.

I immediately thought of all the times I’ve been lost on this journey of life. It seemed like I took the correct exit, but I didn’t end up where I planned. Or I merged on the wrong freeway and was headed the wrong direction. I would call my Father.

But my Father never had to ask me where I was. He already knew.

Psalms 139 says He has known me from conception. He knows when I leave and when I get back. I am never out of His sight. He knows the same thing about you.

Wrap your mind around that!

I grew up with a God that was terrifying … therefore that scripture did not give me comfort. I was told He was just watching to make sure I made NO mistakes … and certainly never sinned. As I grew older, I discovered the God of the Bible … one full of love and caring.

What kind of God do you have?

Before my daughter would stop and call her dad, she had to acknowledge she was lost. Are you lost? Do you have a hard time admitting that?

As you take your exits or merge on the life roads that resemble spaghetti, He is right there. And He loves you. Call and tell Him you are lost. He’ll guide you to the right freeway.

“You know when I leave and when I get back; I'm never out of your sight.” Psalms 139:3 (MSG)

4 comments:

Catrina Bradley March 4, 2011 at 11:03 AM  

This is awesome, Joy. I'm glad I stopped in today.

Joy Bach March 4, 2011 at 5:57 PM  

Cat I'm glad you did too. Come back any time.

Marijo (Mary Jo) Phelps March 7, 2011 at 9:15 AM  

Ohh, a most loving Father who sometimes gets called Daddy.... HE is able, HE is strong and I am definitely "but dust" most of the time but it is OK because my Daddy is bigger than anybody's Daddy - he sticks up for me, lifts me, picks me up and hugs me close - WOW!

Joy Bach March 7, 2011 at 8:44 PM  

Hi Marijo. Very good words. Thanks

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009 * © customized by Mari @ Free2Bedesigns.com/

Back to TOP