Meet My Friend Yvonne ... and Her Book

>> Friday, April 26, 2013

I met Yvonne almost two years ago at a Faithwriters Conference in Detroit, Michigan. Instantly I felt a kindred spirit ... we loved God, writing, music and fun. So even though we live across the United States from each other, we are friends on Facebook. She starts my day with the lyrics of a song ... and I sing as I go to work. And now she's written a book and we get to help her celebrate its publication.



As soon as I heard it was available, I ordered three copies ... one for me and one each for two of my daughters. I feel privileged to know a published author.

And now I can hear him coming around the bend ... Zeke, the peddler ... crossing the old covered bridge ... pots and pans clanging and clanking ... the thunder of hooves ... and the clatter of the wagon wheels rattling on the wooden planks. Zeke's peddler wagon is a regular general store on wheels. Anything you want or need, he has it - needles or tubs, buttons or pans! 


Zeke wears a floppy hat and a gray coat, whose sleeves seems much too short for his arms. His eyes sparkle and his mustache twitches, and he seems as tall as a weather vane on the top of the barn. Removing his hat, he bows low. “Well, good day, folks. What can I help you with today?"


But Zeke is not the only character in this story. Yvonne says, “They are real to me. I half expect to see one walking down the road sometime. My daughter said that Phoebe was like a sister, growing up in our home along with the other children.” 

These are the people you will meet as you journey through the book.

Ben and Martha – strong in their faith, compassionate
Maseppa – quiet, fearful, resourceful, and protective
Zeke – talkative, helpful, and playful
Granny – blind, but very observative and motherly
Hector – imaginative, but mischievous
Phoebe – charming, friendly, and curious

A Home for Phoebe is an historical novel. A young Algonkin woman (an Indian) keeps her promise to protect Phoebe, an orphaned child, in colonial New York in the 1800's. While surviving on the bounty of the woods, they both yearn for a place to belong. Through the friendship of a peddler, a blind granny, and a blacksmith’s family, they learn of faith and forgiveness. 


You can purchase A Home for Phoebe on Amazon.


You can also find her book at Full Sail Books


Yvonne's website is: http://www.yvonneblake.com

She blogs at this link: http://mybackdoorministry.blogspot.com

And she has a Facebook page:







And now Zeke is headed to meet another Joy ... in Brazil. It's a long trip, so he better fill that wagon full to the brim. On April 28th, you can find the next segment of his travels here:
http://joybaxter.blogspot.com/




6 comments:

Yvonne Blake April 26, 2013 at 4:08 AM  

Thanks, Joy
Zeke and I are honored to visit you.

Joy Bach April 26, 2013 at 5:57 AM  

Hi, Vonnie. Come back any time.

Joy Bach April 26, 2013 at 5:41 PM  

Thanks, Marijo. Love you.

Nancy K. Sullivan April 27, 2013 at 8:13 AM  

Great intro. Great book! Your young 'uns will love it :)

Joy Bach April 27, 2013 at 10:26 AM  

Thanks Nancy. I had to laugh at the young'uns part. They are 48 and 50, but they write.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009 * © customized by Mari @ Free2Bedesigns.com/

Back to TOP