Don't Stop Praying

>> Wednesday, November 9, 2016

I stayed up past my bedtime last night.  Way past.  I had voted, but more than that, I had prayed. Weeks ago a nationwide call had gone out for Christians to pray for one minute every day at 8:00 pm Central Time. I set an alarm on my iPhone. Sometimes it went off in unusual places and I had some explaining to do.

But I prayed faithfully for the election, for our country. I quoted a scripture.

“If my people, who are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.”  2 Chronicles 7:14 (ASV)

During the evening, I deleted that alarm. The election was happening. I canceled my prayer time. How wrong that was. This morning I set my alarm again. Why would I quit praying now?

We have a new President Elect. It may not be the one you wanted. But he needs our prayers as he steps into a totally different role in his life. The world is watching us. I can’t even begin to understand the pressure on him.

I’m not into politics.  It certainly looks like a lot of hard work. And because you can’t please all of the people all of the time, a politician is always in trouble with someone. And so I pray for wisdom for Donald Trump, that he will surround himself with people of high integrity who can help bring our nation together. 


Jesus is still Lord. 


4 comments:

Rita Garcia November 9, 2016 at 1:38 PM  

Well said, Joy. And I join you in praying.

Joy Bach November 10, 2016 at 6:50 AM  

Rita, thanks for stopping by. And for joining me in prayer. He is going to need a lot of help.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009 * © customized by Mari @ Free2Bedesigns.com/

Back to TOP