Driving Force

>> Thursday, March 28, 2019

For several weeks I’ve been cleaning, discarding and organizing my writing/sewing room.  I’ve uncovered some reminders of wonderful memories. But I also found papers that I have no idea why I kept them.  

One discovery was an assignment I was given to ask others what they saw as my driving force.  How very interesting to read their opinions. Most of the comments created a warm fuzzy.  But a few caused me to pause and contemplate.  

Was I really like that? 

In the midst of my work, I took a break and purchased a different car.  I always name them.  Since it is a Lexus, the name Lexi was suggested.  I like that, but when I looked up the meaning I voted no.  I didn’t aspire to be a defender of men.  

As I continued the work in my room, my thoughts vacillated between pondering what my driving force is and what to name my car.  And that’s when those two very diverse concepts came together.  

I named it Hope; confident expectation of what God has promised.  


As I look back over the last four years since my husband’s death, hope in the future is what kept me moving forward.  

I discovered my driving force.  

“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and future.”  Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV)

1 comments:

Unknown April 13, 2019 at 4:13 PM  

Hope.....an anchor for the soul. Hebrews 6:19. And all of God's children say Amen.....❣️


Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009 * © customized by Mari @ Free2Bedesigns.com/

Back to TOP