S H I E L D

>> Saturday, October 19, 2019

Since Dementia has recently affected my family, I’ve become very aware of articles pertaining to that particular ailment and ways to help fend it off.  One report caught my attention due to its succinct approach to dealing with that risk.  An acronym has been developed to help us remember the lifestyle factors we need to be aware of.  



S H I E L D

Sleep: developing good sleep habits
Handle stress: learning how to deal with stress
Interact: spending time with friends and family
Exercise: undertaking some form of daily exercise
Learn: work on learning a new skill
Diet: eating a healthy diet

This is excellent advice for everyone.  

But as I thought about that shield to help protect my health, my contemplations turned to a scripture that mentions a shield.  It has to do with our spiritual health.  The Bible is just as succinct with its instruction.  

“Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace.  In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one.”  Ephesians 6:14-16 (NIV)

This is also excellent advice for everyone.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009 * © customized by Mari @ Free2Bedesigns.com/

Back to TOP