T B R

>> Tuesday, March 27, 2012

As I read Robin Lee Hatcher’s blog this morning - http://blog.robinleehatcher.com/ - my mind traveled back over my life and my love of books. As a child … not allowed to do anything … reading was my entertainment and escape. In my first marriage I again turned to reading to bring any comfort to my life.  

Books are my friends.  

That’s why it was extremely difficult to sort through and give away so many books two years ago when we moved to our new home. For many of the books on my shelves today, I can remember where I purchased them … and perhaps where I sat as I enjoyed reading.  

And I always have a few books just waiting for me to discover what they hold within their pages.  

Robin’s blog this morning gave a name to that pile of books … the TBR pile … to be read. Looking at my pile of unread books gives me warm fuzzies … safe and secure in the fact I will not run out of reading material.  

As I thought about the TBR acronym, I realized I need to see people as unopened books … ready for reading. I can remember where I met my friends and conversations we’ve had. I would never be able to sort through them and give some away; so many wonderful memories of places and conversations.  

But there will always be new people just waiting for me to meet them … get acquainted … and learn their story.  

That TBR pile is endless.  

“Friends love through all kinds of weather, and families stick together in all kinds of trouble.” Proverbs 17:17 (MSG)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009 * © customized by Mari @ Free2Bedesigns.com/

Back to TOP