Connection at the End

>> Saturday, October 22, 2011

A story out of Iowa has touched me deeply … and caused me to do some heavy thinking. A couple who had been married for 72 years were in a car accident … sent to the emergency room … and then admitted to the intensive care unit. Yet their concern was for each other. As the minutes passed and they didn’t improve, the couple was moved into a room together in beds side by side where they could hold hands … his right hand with her left one.  

Then he died. Even though he was no longer breathing, the monitor still showed he had a heartbeat. His wife’s heart was beating through him and into the monitor.  

That’s quite a connection.  

My heavy thinking moved past my earthly bond with my husband … and I’ve been pondering the strength of my connection to God. Just how in tune with Him am I? Am I allowing Him to work through me? Do others see His heartbeat instead of mine?  

Or am I still seeking my own way?  

If someone claims, "I know him well!" but doesn't keep his commandments, he's obviously a liar. His life doesn't match his words. But the one who keeps God's word is the person in whom we see God's mature love. This is the only way to be sure we're in God. Anyone who claims to be intimate with God ought to live the same kind of life Jesus lived.” I John 2:4-6 (MSG)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009 * © customized by Mari @ Free2Bedesigns.com/

Back to TOP