My Commitment (Adapted from Rick Warren's commitment)

>> Thursday, December 30, 2010

I will:
            Magnify God
            Grow to maturity
            Serve in ministry
            Fulfill my mission as part of His family
            Do the best I can with what I have for Jesus…..TODAY
Keep running with my eyes on the goal, not the sidelines or those running by me

I will value:
            Worship over wealth
            “We” over “me”
            Character over comfort
            Service over status
            People over possessions, position and pleasure

I refuse to waste time or energy on:
            Shallow living
            Petty thinking
            Trivial talking
            Thoughtless doing
            Useless regretting
            Hurtful resenting
            Faithless worrying

I won’t be:
            Captivated by culture
            Manipulated by critics
            Motivated by praise
            Frustrated by problems
            Debilitated by temptation
            Intimidated by the devil

When times get rough and I get tired, I won’t:
            Be bought
            Be compromised
            Quit until I finish the race

I’m a trophy of God’s amazing grace, so I will be:
            Gracious to everyone
            Grateful for every day
            Generous with everything that God entrusts to me

Today – as God is here beside me – in advance I say YES – I submit to you.  I’m ready:
            However
            Whenever
            Wherever you lead
            Whatever the cost

3 comments:

Joanne Sher December 30, 2010 at 8:12 AM  

This is GREAT, Joy. Love it. Praying.

Joy Bach December 30, 2010 at 8:24 AM  

Thanks, Michael and Joanne. Come again.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009 * © customized by Mari @ Free2Bedesigns.com/

Back to TOP