Some Life Moments are Larger than Others

>> Sunday, December 5, 2010

In my 68 years on this earth, I’ve encountered some timeline moments that stand out.

1942 – hours after my birth – my father died
1960 – marriage to the pastor’s son – marriage arranged by church
1962 – birth of first daughter
1965 – birth of second daughter
1967 – birth of third daughter
1971 – miscarriage
1971 – sister who had been like my mother died
1971 – husband left
1973 – divorce
1974 – 1979 – discovering me
1980 – marriage to man of my choice
1986 – moved to a different state to start a business
1986 – mother died
1986 – birth of first grandchild – weighed 2 lbs. 11 oz.
1994 – youngest daughter took second grandchild and left – no forwarding address

And the moments just keep on coming.

2010 – moved to our new home
2010 – contact with youngest daughter and grandson

No matter if the moment is happy or sad, God is still right there.

5 comments:

Joanne Sher December 5, 2010 at 1:37 PM  

What a life you have had! God is there is right! And let me be the first person (on this blog LOL) to wish you a happy birthday.

dandelionfleur December 5, 2010 at 3:37 PM  

This pinpoint look at life can help us realize how fleeting this time on earth is. I'm glad you got the chance to figure out who you are. Some people never do. Praying the coming years bring you mostly joy, but definitely peace.

Joy Bach December 5, 2010 at 4:03 PM  

Yes, Joanne, I've had quite a life. But it has made me a strong person and given me a close relationship with Jesus. Thanks for the birthday wishes. I've received an out-pouring of them. Such fun.

Lisa, I am just a travelin' through. I like me now ... and one of the things I was searching for during those years was peace. I sleep very well. Thanks.

Mari December 7, 2010 at 10:58 PM  

I enjoyed the walk through time with Joy. You've come a long way baby!

Joy Bach December 8, 2010 at 7:21 AM  

Mari, sometimes I can't believe I'm the same person as that "other" one. I have, indeed, come a long way. I'm glad it's noticeable.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009 * © customized by Mari @ Free2Bedesigns.com/

Back to TOP