Ruts in the Road

>> Friday, December 3, 2010

Winter arrived early for us. For over a week we’ve had snow, freezing fog and ice pellets. Then the temperature briefly went above 32.  So the snow turned to slush, which allowed the car tires to make ruts. As evening came, the temperature dropped and the ruts froze. Once your tires are in a rut, it’s hard to change lanes or turn a corner.

Some people drive like they plan to stay in the rut forever. Others gun it and do an ice dance trying to get out of the rut.

Life is like that. Sometimes we get in a rut. It’s nice and safe in our rut, so we settle in and make the journey. Others rebel, doing all kinds of dancing … drugs, drinking, overeating.

There are safe ways to climb out of the rut. Let’s do that.

5 comments:

Mari December 4, 2010 at 11:36 AM  

While I read this I thought: I do a little bit of ice dancing, breaking out of the rut. Until I saw your examples of dancing. I guess I perceived it differently.

Thinking of your testimony, Joy... I'd say you're an ice dancer, breaking free from the legalistic ruts. You're a beautiful dancer, btw.
♥ Mari

Rita December 4, 2010 at 12:46 PM  

Amen! To climbing out of the rut and doing it in a positive way! Great article!

Joy Bach December 4, 2010 at 2:32 PM  

Mari, you took the positive side ... and I took the negative. Wish I had thought of that. Thanks so much for your wonderful remarks. I really appreciate them.
Rita, thanks for taking the time to comment. Those words mean a lot to me.

BethL December 4, 2010 at 9:08 PM  

I can picture those frozen ruts and feel the pull on the car while driving. What a great message you have.

Joy Bach December 5, 2010 at 11:09 AM  

Beth, thanks for your encouragement. it means a lot.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009 * © customized by Mari @ Free2Bedesigns.com/

Back to TOP