A Text from God

>> Monday, December 20, 2010

I rarely remember dreaming. Maybe every six months I can actually tell about one the next morning. So when I have a vivid dream … it is special … and in color.

I have an iPhone and keep in contact with my daughters mostly by text. For those of you who don’t have the kind of phone that texts, a box comes up on the screen with the words being sent inside. Above the box is the time of the text.

My daughter, Lorri, was trying to get to Germany. Her first flight was canceled … due to weather in Europe. She left Portland early Saturday morning our time and was to arrive in Germany Sunday morning their time … being routed through several cities. There is nine hours difference between here and Germany. That is important information.

Early Sunday morning, I had a vivid dream … receiving a text. I saw the phone screen clearly. The words said, “Lorri has arrived in Germany.” But I didn’t wake up. I had another vivid dream. Another text. “Lorri has arrived in Germany.” The first text was still on the screen. It was sent at 12:40 am my time. The second one sent at 2:12 am. This time I woke up.

Lorri was there. I had peace … and went back to sleep.

At 4:30 am I received a text … a real one … on my real phone. It said, “Made it to Germany.”

I gave up on sleeping and got up. Lorri and I had agreed to communicate by Facebook (since she needed to turn her phone off). So I sent her a message and asked what time she landed.

9:40 am Germany time.

Who knew God could text?

3 comments:

Rita Garcia December 20, 2010 at 7:30 AM  

God is awesome! Thanks for sharing this wonderful story of how He loves to be in the details of our lives.

Joy Bach December 20, 2010 at 7:35 AM  

Yes, Rita, He is so amazing.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009 * © customized by Mari @ Free2Bedesigns.com/

Back to TOP