Treadmill Philosophy

>> Friday, December 10, 2010

I try to exercise at least five days a week … and always include the treadmill. Since I have a problem with dizziness, it is imperative that I hang on as I walk. I listen to Chuck Swindoll’s podcast while I exercise … focusing on his words.

This morning, in the back of my mind, I kept wondering what was wrong with my fingers. I would feel a sharp pain … and move my hand to a different position … not wanting to be bothered as I concentrated on the words in my ears. This constant moving of my hands went on throughout the entire podcast. Only when the broadcast was over did I begin to analyze the pain situation.

I was being shocked by the treadmill. Moving my hands to the plastic casing around the reader screen, the pain went away. I got off the treadmill.

Life is like that. There may be something in the back of our mind that is troubling us, but we stay focused on something else and try to ignore that little warning. Maybe we need to apologize to someone … maybe we aren’t sure if everything is ok between us and another person. Perhaps we have a habit that just may not be good for us … but we adjust our thinking … rationalizing … and keep on walking.

It’s time to get off the treadmill.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009 * © customized by Mari @ Free2Bedesigns.com/

Back to TOP